Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do you panic when you see some math?

I do, or at least I used to; I still do, but I'm currently working on fixing that problem. My issue was mainly opening a Wikipedia page on some arbitrary algorithm, seeing some math and closing the page. That's failure for you. So now I'm trying to fix my issues with this.

If you're mathematically inclined, I suggest you avoid reading these posts because they will probably insult your intelligence.

I basically plan to write a little bit about some stuff which I'm currently learning about on my own. That's also a warning for you: I'm learning this stuff as I go (and by myself).

This means that there could be mistakes in what I write, and there probably will be...so tread lightly on it. And if you actually read this stuff, and find mistakes, I truly appreciate if you contact me via comments or whatever about them because I'm still learning about these concepts.

The main reason I will be writing these posts (and having this blog in the first place) is for my own amusement, so I can laugh back in the future. Seriously though, writing about what I'm learning helps me more in understanding because of the research and thinking I do while working on the actual writing. Sort of like my semi-personal notes.

So yea, I think my first post will be about the sigma notation.

Also, I tend to use both math and programming terms for most of the stuff, including (usually incorrectly) mixing both math and programming notations together; yea, that's one thing I'm working on learning more about because usually I know how to explain something using programming terminology, but not using math notation. So for the mathematically abled, I apologize; once again, I appreciate the corrections you can make.

Oh and another thing which I should have mentioned in an earlier post. To render the math in this blog, I'm using CodeCogs' online equation editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment